Fall in the St. Louis and St.
Charles County area of Missouri is a fantastic, pumpkin spice filled season.
Watching the leaves change color and fall, roasting marshmallows around a fire
pit, and enjoying seasonal beverages and flavors come to mind. We are truly
lucky to live and work in the Midwest during the harvest season.
Before autumn turns to winter, be sure to turn your attention to your home. Fall is the time for some essential home maintenance tasks to be performed before the deep chill of winter sets in on your home. Neglecting these tasks could add further wear and tear to your home and may lead to damages that would cost much more to fix later. Performing fall home maintenance will keep your home functioning and help uphold the ever-important value of your home.
10 Essential Fall Home Maintenance Tasks:
- Clear Gutters, Downspouts, Window Wells and Drains of Leaves and Debris
- Check Windows and Doors for Gaps or Air Leaks and Seal Them
- Check Your Heating System and Change the Filter
- Check Chimney, Wood Stove and/or Fireplace Function and Cleanliness
- Check Plumbing/Outdoor Spigots and Turn Off Outdoor Valves if Needed
- Check for Foundation, Porch or Driveway Cracks and Seal as Needed
- Inspect the Roof for Loose or Missing Shingles
- Check for Cracks or Holes in Siding and Paint and Replace Caulk if Necessary
- Trim Any Limbs that could Fall on Your Home or Power Lines During Icy Weather
- Winterize Your Sprinkler System
Fall Maintenance Worth Doing if You Don’t Want to Buy New Stuff Next Year:
- Drain and Store Garden Hoses
- Put Away Porch Furniture
- Clean and Store the Lawn Mower
& Lawn Trimming Equipment
- Winterize Your Gas Grill
Other Fall Home Maintenance Tasks to Consider:
- Fertilize the Lawn
- Drain the Hot Water Heater and Remove Sediment from Bottom of Tank
- Check the Seal at the Bottom of the Garage Door for Damage or Leaks
- Check Your Detectors and/or Change Batteries
- - -
If you can’t perform these important fall maintenance jobs yourself, hire someone to help. Contact The Boehmer Team if you need some suggestions for contractors or repairpersons in the St. Louis or St. Charles County areas of Missouri. And if your home needs more maintenance and help than you want to do, contact us about right-sizing your home or finding a home in an HOA community that provides a variety of maintenance tasks on your property.
If you would like to find out the current value of your St. Louis or St. Charles County area home or are considering buying or selling in the area, contact us or visit TheBoehmerTeam.com for more information.