One of the most common questions we are asked is “Do I need
a Realtor to represent me when purchasing new construction?” The answer is pretty simple. While it is not required that you have
representation, a Realtor can play a valuable role in your purchase of new
construction. Whether you are buying new
construction or an existing home in the St. Charles County or greater St. Louis area, The Boehmer Team realizes the importance and
value of the Realtor in every step of your home purchase.
Here are some ways a The Boehmer Team can assist you specifically with your New Construction purchase:
- Assistance in selecting the community and neighborhood that best meets your needs and that of your family. Important factors that many homebuyers consider include: school districts, community amenities, access to shopping and recreation.
- Help with home site selection including its location within the community, the size of the lot, facing direction, orientation, and surroundings are all evaluated.
- Determining which structural features are most important to you and what features are will benefit you for a future resale.
- Assistance choosing colors and materials for interior and exterior finishes.
- Explanation of construction progress and terminology as well as assistance in managing expectations.
- Understanding the value of surrounding homes and comparable homes so that you pay fair market value for your new home.
- Offering objective professional advice and insight during all phases of the process.